An eye examination will determine the type of lenses required, and the lenses may determine the appropriate frame.
Only a skilled optometrist can select the appropriate lenses for the right purpose. These may include:
- Long range vision
- Assist night driving
- Combat computer glare
- Sun protection
- Industrial safety
- Squint prevention
Weisz Family Optical stocks the widest range of hi-tech, quality lenses from the top manufacturers in Australia, Japan, Europe, Israel and USA.
Types of Lenses
- Single vision – most common, one power: see clearly in distance or near
- Multifocal – bifocal, trifocal or progressive addition
- Refractive index – optical density useful for thinner lenses
- Materials – glass, hard resin or polycarbonate
- Tints and coatings – sun protection, fashion, reduce scratching, anti-reflective